In the WooCommerce > Orders -page there is now a new column, Stock Status. It will show up to 3 different icons for an order depending on its stock status.
We have also added an option to filter all orders by stock status.
- All order stock statuses: This will show all orders regardless of stock status.
- In stock: Only orders containing products that you manage stock of that also are in stock will be listed.
- Unmanaged stock: List only orders that have products with unmanaged stock. The orders might also contain products that also have “manage stock” turned on and are in stock.
- In stock + Unmanaged stock: This is a combination of the “In stock” and “Unmanaged stock”.
- Out of stock: Lists all orders that have one or more products that are out of stock.
In the order preview page as well as in the order edit page you can see for each product missing how many that are missing as well as the supplier SKU. Clicking on the Supplier URL link will take you directly to the supplier product page for that product.
You can set a product or product variant as discontinued on the product edit page. You then also get the option to filter all discontinued products in the “WooCommerce > Products” page to see all your discontinued products.
To set a product as discontinued you first go to the product edit page and find the tab “Order & Inventory Manager”. In the tab, you check “Discontinued product” and update the product. If the product is a variable product you instead check the option “Flag all variants as discontinued products”. Checking that option will set all your variants as discontinued. If you only want to make one of the variants discontinued you go do Variations and then select your variant. Scroll down to find and check “Discontinued product”.
By setting a product as discontinued you do a few things automatically.
- The product will no longer be shown on the page with products that have low stock.
- Backorders will not be allowed.
- Customers will be notified on the product page that this is a discontinued product.
When a discontinued product reaches 0 in stock this will happen:
- The product will no longer be possible to add to the cart (the buy button is removed).
- If it is a simple product or all product variant is ser as discontinued and have 0 in stock then the product will change its catalog visibility to “Hidden”. This will hide the product from product catalogs and internal search results but will keep the direct link to the product alive. This is very important for SEO.
If you get a product return and add it to stock then all the functions will be reactivated until sold again.
In the top admin bar, a new search field is added. Select what post type to search (enable/disable post types in settings page). Start typing what you are looking for. The search bar will give you smart search suggestions depending on what you are writing. If you click on a search suggestion then you will be navigated to its page.